(keitai-l) Re: Installing symbian native apps on Vodafone 702NK

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 04/20/05
I will post chapter and verse in this very soon.

(It would have been today but we have just had a 5.8M aftershock. I am
on the 9th floor - so got hit hard again.

3/20 - 7.0 Magnitude
4/20 - 5.8 Magnitude
5/20 .... )

In the meantime, the card should be writable - my guess is your
printer's card reader is the problem. Get a standalone SD card reader
and use that. Any folder that does not exist, just make. Case appears
to be unimportant.

I have heard the P version works a lot better than the vanilla java.
But Macunsis does work for some things.

Nick

>> HalWin under VPC works very well indeed.

I've just downloaded it and tried it out on Salling Clicker - it
worked as advertised, producing all the relevant pieces in the right
place (MacUnSIS did not work - I didn't try the P version).

Now to get it onto the card - I can mount the 702NK card (Windows and
Mac) using a Canon printer with card slots and view the System folder,
etc., but the whole file system of this card appears to be read-only.
Where do I go from here? The Nokia PC utility doesn't show the System
folder (natch).

Hugh

This mail was sent to address nick@kyushu.com