(keitai-l) hols/4gig/tie down

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 04/28/05
(I thought it worth mentioning to the list that Japan is going in to a
run of public holidays, many people will have 11 days off, starting
tomorrow. So if things go quiet Jp-side, you know why. Those of us who
do NOT go quiet are either sad, overworked obsessives who really should
get out more, or people whose lives are so rich, overflowing and
exhausting that Keitai-l is a pleasant haven of mildly geeky calm...)

interesting link....
4gig hard drive phone from Nokia....
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/27/tech_digest/

I wonder if this will make it to the JP market without being tied
down...

Incidentally - just how hard would it have been for Voda to have tied a
Symbian 60 phone down so hard that even manual installation of apps
would not work? Specifically, so that oggplayer would not work?
Oggplayer could be a fairly major impediment to the carriers plans not
to become bitpipes and instead charge us ridiculous amounts for music
downloads.

Nick