(keitai-l) Re: QR UE

From: Colin Belton <colinbelton_at_gmail.com>
Date: 06/04/05
Darren wrote:

>The email I originally sent was to help and was correct. Recheck the
>manual for the 900 - its states clearly that macro/detailed mode needs
>to be enabled - in most situations. Oh and by the way, they dont call it
>macro.

The Japanese online manual for the P900iV calls it "sessha mode," which
means closeup or macro.

http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/customer/manual/mobile/foma/p900iv/M05-S05.php?smode=1

If the English manual calls it detail mode, that just means that the
translator took the liberty of calling it detail mode because he/she was
unfamiliar with the correct terminology and thought that detail mode was
easier to understand. Many manuals translated from Japanese are riddled
with mistakes. And Japanese manuals tend to be written by either people
who do not understand the technology but were forced to write them
because they were transferred to the documents department or by
engineers who understand what they are talking about but cannot explain
things in a way that ordinary people can understand. The former also
tends to include mistakes.

Colin