(keitai-l) Re: QR UE

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/06/05
On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Christopher Kobayashi wrote:

> Speaking of big and far, there was a huge backlit QR code ad sign at
> Shimbashi station a couple of months ago, and we couldn't scan it at
> night. It looked good visually with a nice contrasting white backlit,
> but the light made the QR code unreadable by the keitai(AU talby).

That's a pretty typical example of something that's going to fool
automatic metering on a lot of cameras. Definitely something to keep in mind
when you're creating advertisements with QR codes in them.

I wonder if it works well during the day, though?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***