(keitai-l) Small Phones Not Popular in Japan?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/14/05
It's looking like (despite the rants of certain people on this list :-))
really small phones with basic functionality aren't so popular in Japan.

It seems now that Docomo is giving away Preminis for free to just about
anyone. I destroyed yet another phone screen this weekend (I think I
emit evil radiation that's bad for LCDs) and, upon going in to look for
a replacement they gave me a Premini at no charge, despite that I've
changed my phone twice this year already. (Usually anybody who's changed
a phone within the last ten months pays a hefty sum to get a new phone,
and even older models than a Premini were going for 7000 or more.)

The lady at the desk mentioned that it was so cheap because it was so
small.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***