(keitai-l) Re: Orbing your digital content to your WiFi enabled Mobile phone

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 06/20/05
Sony has a product that does similar thing (the client side is
proprietary, though). It is comprised of a portable unit and base unit. Both
are connected by WiFi. Sony calls it "location free TV", because you can
bring the portable unit anywhere and watch your home TV channels
anywhere you can get a broadband connection, even from abroad. I am not
sure if this means that no copyright problem with doing this, or if Sony
has specific licensing agreement with broadcasting companies in Japan.

"location free TV"
http://www.sony.jp/CorporateCruise/Press/200502/05-0201/