(keitai-l) Re: doja distribution channels

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 06/29/05
Maria,

the best distribution channel is to build a company,
with your own official i-Mode sites, and do IPO.
Quite a few companies have done this in Japan.

However, that's not just "distribution" - you need to
provide value to Japanese customers who will pay for
this value, and that's not trivial.

So the first step needs to be to understand what
Japanese customers think about your product, would
they pay for it etc. Our company does this for a
lot of European and US companies.

Have you talked directly to ordinary Japanese people,
and asked them what they think about your products
and services?

That needs to be your first step.

Lots of big and famous European companies forget this
first step in Japan, and make headlines later ;)

Gerhard

Maria Dyatlova wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anybody knows good distribution channels for doja applications?
> I know that DoCoMO is on top, but probably somebody knows good
> unofficial sites/portals that also can bring good revenues for
> developers. Where do you distribute doja?
>
> We're developing doja version of Instant Messaging application:
> http://www.shapeservices.com/eng/im/implus.php
>
> Thanks in advance to everyone for reply.
> Best,
> Maria Dyatlova
>
> Alliance Manager
> SHAPE Services
> www.shapeservices.com
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/blog/                 http://www.eurotechnology.com/