(keitai-l) T-mobile to abandon mobile portal?

From: John Whelan <john.whelan_at_alatto.com>
Date: 07/01/05
In a major change of heart T-mobile international announced plans this week
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2
005-06-29T095440Z_01_HO935665_RTRIDST_0_OUKIN-TELECOMS-TMOBILE-GOOGLE.XML
(great URL)

that appears to abandon the WAP portal approach for WAP browsing and replace
homepage with Google search. I assume this is based on the fact that most
big screen users set a search engine as their home page. I think this is a
mistake by T-mobile as :

Fixed and mobile web browsing are fundamentally different: mobile is about
info snacking not "surfing". What Is really needed is the radical and
disruptive approach as offered by Tribes - but I would say that see
www.alatto.com.

This notwithstanding the fact that Google is the worst mobile search there
is but that's another story...

John