(keitai-l) Re: Article about DoJa

From: Claus Hoefele <claus.hoefele_at_gmail.com>
Date: 07/03/05
KDDI used to have MIDP 1.0 support but switched from Java to BREW.
Japanese Vodafone handsets supported MIDP 1.0, the latest 3G line-up
uses MIDP 2.0.

NTT DoCoMo that has the biggest market share by far doesn't use MIDP
(although they were part of the expert groups for JSR 118/MIDP 2.0 and
JSR 185/Java Technology for the Wireless Industry). I suppose in Japan
you have to support DoJa if you want to reach the most customers.

CU,
Claus