(keitai-l) Re: NEC launches European i-mode 3G phone

From: Mohit Sindhwani <mohits_at_onghu.com>
Date: 07/05/05
Robi Karp wrote:
> Gerhard wrote:
>

>> Here is the original press release for the
>> N600i
>>
>> http://www.nec.co.jp/press/ja/0507/0102.html
>>

> Does anyone know what the OS is for this phone?  I've looked around
> but I can't seem to find out.
>
> - Robi Karp

Although it's not stated anywhere, I wouldn't be surprised if it's based
on ITRON... seems to support features like the Docomo phones - most of
which ran ITRON... I'm guessing if it was Linux, we would have heard
lots about it in the popular press :P

In fact, in any situation where the OS is a selling point, we'd have
heard about it - Symbian, Linux, Windows... Since there's no mention of
it, I'd be tempted to believe that it's a situation where the OS is not
considered a selling point, but just run-time support :)  Given that NEC
is Japanese, I'd think it's ITRON or a variant.... if only it was based
on T-Engine...

Cheers
mohit.
www.onghu.com/te/