(keitai-l) Re: "Need help about i-mode network"

From: Claus Hoefele <claus.hoefele_at_gmail.com>
Date: 07/14/05
> 1.Are Doja handsets available outside japan.
You can do two things: use a Japanese phone that works outside Japan
such as the N900iG (compatible with Japanese networks as well as
overseas 3G networks and GSM/GPRS)) or you can use an i-mode Global
phone (works on GSM/GPRS).

> 2.If Yes can we access the i-mode network like a normal webserver from
> outside japan.
As Curt pointed out, there is a difference between accessing the
official i-mode content and unofficial sites. The N900iG can access
the official Japanese i-mode content, the i-mode Global phones can
access the official i-mode Global content (which depends on the
operator that offers i-mode Global). As soon as you can access the
network you can access unofficial web sites (unless they block
specific phones or countries of course).

> 3.Are any operators providing such service in India.
> 4.Or any SIM cards available that can provide such facility.
i-mode Global is not available in India (see
http://www.nttdocomo.com/corebiz/global/index.html). However, in
Europe I was able to use i-mode Global in a country that doesn't
support i-mode Global by using KPN's i-mode servers. This might work
in India as well. The N900iG might be usable in India but I'm not
sure.

> 5.If doja handsets available and If i have developed my Doja code.Can
> i test this code in the actual handset at my own end.
You can only download DoJa applications with a mobile network
connection. A phone itself is not enough.

> 6. Also If handsets not available can we fool the servers that we are
> using the Doja handsets by providing some false header information.
You can fake the headers that i-mode uses in order to access
unofficial sites but the official content lives in a separate network.
Unless you have an i-mode network connection you won't be able to
access it.

Hope that helps,
Claus