(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone Block Nokia ?

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 07/26/05
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:53:29 +0900
Nick May <nick@kyushu.com> wrote:

> The only real advantage to running the Nokia in Japan is that it has
> Bluetooth and will iSync calendar and to-do  with a Mac. It also
> allows neat little tricks like sending an SMS from one's desktop
> rather than having to key it in through the keypad, and having caller-
> id driven message show up on your desktop screen saying who is
> calling the keitai.  Being able to SSH into a server is cute too, as
> is the using it as a remote control...  (Can someone in England
> confirm - if one sends an SMS to a UK landline, is it "read out" by
> computer?  I owe the suggestion to a Boothby Graffoe sketch - not the
> most reliable source.)

Most of these are available on V802SE too.
V802SE has bluetooth, syncs with Mac, can send sms from one's desktop
etc (use http://fma.sourceforge.net/), can be used as remote control via
bluetooth (desktop, presenter and mediaplayer). So you are left with
"being able to SSH", which I am not sure if V802SE can, but it may.

Arnold P. Siboro (asiboro@maltech.jp)