(keitai-l) Re: Tu-Ka and Docomo

From: marcus saw <saw_marcus_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 08/25/05
Hi,

From what you said, if you only created the site in HTML and it appears to behave strangely on Tu-ka phones, then this is because all of the Tu-ka phones except for the Kyocera TK41 only work with HDML.

You can expect some of these phones to accept part of the source and show parts of the page and drop other parts, but a lot would just reject the entire page giving a "1019:  compile error".

As for Docomo, these phones accept chtml - which is a cut down version of HTMLv4 so maybe the reason for your problems is that some phones will be strict in their interpretation of the source and give you weird results.

To be really sure you might want to detect the type of phone visiting your site and give them the correct source they need - a simple re-direct based on the UserAgent can do this, or if you have the money you can buy a db with all the useragents and their markup languages which would give you more accurate tracking.

I hope that helps you! If you need any more assistance I will be happy to help.

Marcus.
http://cellsuite.jp

Leandro Koiti <leandrokoiti@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello there, I was looking for some Tu-Ka and Docomo resourcer and I found a
lot of links to the Keitai archive, navigating throught it I found this
maillist, I hope someone can read this message and help, I'd be ver
thankful!!!!
I'm wondering if you guys can help me to solve a problem envolving Tu-Ka and
Docomo cell phones...
I've developed a website (in HTML) and tested into the Openwave
7.1simulator, it went just fine, but I'm receiving messages from a lot
of users
telling me that the page don't show some parts of the site, like the drop
down list and a button located after another drop down in another page... do
you know what would this be?!?!
Thanks a lot!!

--
[]'s