(keitai-l) Re: Tu-Ka and Docomo

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/25/05
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Leandro Koiti wrote:

> ...it went just fine, but I'm receiving messages from a lot of users
> telling me that the page don't show some parts of the site, like the drop
> down list and a button located after another drop down in another page...

DoCoMo, AU and Vodafone keitai all render XHTML and HTML pretty well.
AU's older phones use WML, but the gateway will transcode XHTML to WML
for those phones.

TuKa is the exception; they support WML only, not any form of HTML. Very
simple HTML stuff will work (such as boldface), but more complex stuff,
such as drop-downs in forms, won't.

This is probably what's biting you; XHTML works somewhat on TuKa, enough
to make it look as if the site is working ok. But then stuff like
drop-downs in forms will fail to render.

Personally, I recommend just dropping support for TuKa. Any of the other
three carriers alone is a far larger market; the three combined make
TuKa minisucle.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***