I'll be running a 2 day workshop in San Francisco on
Flash Design for Mobile Devices.
Please forward this announcement to anyone who might be interested.
Details are below.
Have a good week.
Nader Nejat // Multimedia Consultant + Developer
Omega Media // http://www.omegamedia.com
"We help people take advantage of interactive media"
Flash Design For Mobile Devices
Saturday, November 5 & 12, 9am - 4pm
San Francisco State University Downtown Center
Multimedia Studies Program
425 Market Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
It's arrived! The era of rich mobile media development is upon
us and this is the hands-on workshop to give you all the info
and practice you need to be on the cutting edge by creating
Flash content for PDAs, mobile phones and next generation
devices right now.
We'll explore the mobile Flash landscape by looking at working
prototypes and actual applications that leverage the current
mobile Flash player technology.
Since this is a hands-on class where each attendee gets their
own computer, we'll follow up our discussions with exercises
that show you exactly what you need to know to produce your
own mobile content. Particular emphasis will be placed on
creating great multimedia experiences on phones for Flash Lite.
Some of the issues we explore:
- Capabilities and limitations of Flash for mobile development
- Best practices for planning your mobile projects
- Converting current Flash projects to mobile efficiently
- Learn an entire production process from planning to testing and
debugging on the device
- Create engaging content and user experiences for small screens
- Maximizing memory and processor performance of your applications
- How to develop for multiple devices with minimal changes
- Tap into resources to get you started quickly
- Explore third party utilities
- Discuss current development opportunities available
Your mobile future is here; now learn how to create it.
Who should take this class
Anyone interested in developing rich media content for mobile devices.
Mobile developers interested in Flash as a potential delivery platform.
User Interface designers who want to use Flash for mobile design.
Flash developers who wish to leverage their skills for mobile development.
Web designers who want to take advantage of the next big medium. Anyone
interested in Flash's capabilities for mobile devices.
Prerequisite: Flash I or equivalent experience recommended.
Course #: MULT 9234
Schedule #: 45224
Hands on, 1 student per computer
2 days; Saturday, November 5 & 12, 9am - 4pm
SFSU Downtown Center, 425 Market
Register Now! Call 415.405.7700
Received on Wed Oct 19 07:19:23 2005