(keitai-l) Re: smartphones

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 12/08/05
So Curt's definition is - correct me if I am wrong:

Curt's definition of a smart-phone:

"The concept smart-phone is a pure marketing term and
has nothing to do with the functionality, OS, or syncing,
or which applications it runs. However, when convenient
marketers will use the term "smartphone" for any phone
it's good for marketing or sales to call it a "smartphone"

Gerhard

Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Gerhard Fasol wrote:
>
>>What exactly is the dictionary-type/logic definition of a "smartphone"?
>>Does anybody have a good definition which stands up to discussion?
> "Whatever best suits the agenda of the particular marketing droid
> uttering it." :-)
> (Maybe it should really be "smarter-than-yours-phone.")
>
> cjs
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                          Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/                       http://www.eurotechnology.com/