(keitai-l) Re: imode JP news in English 2006

From: Michael(tm) Smith <smith_at_xml-doc.org>
Date: 12/27/05
"William G. Perrin III" <bill@tsubakimoto.com> writes:
> Are there any more decent English language news sites covering Japan
> which don't require payment? JapanToday took their service offline
> while they make the transition to the name crisscross:
> http://www.japantoday.com/i/
> While looking for alternatives I was amazed at the lack of such
> sites. It seems there were a lot more imode access-able English sites
> with decent content a few years back. Any suggested sites?

What about getting a phone that enables you to access un-hobbled
news sites -- same sites you can access from a PC-based browser?

If you don't pay to read news sites on your PC, why pay to read
news sites on your keitai?

The Japan Times and Asahi Shimbun both have decent sites:

  http://www.japantimes.com/
  http://www.asahi.com/english/

I suppose the Daily Yomiuri probably has one too, if you care to
read that.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith