(keitai-l) Re: Error downloading to emulator

From: Claus Hoefele <claus.hoefele_at_gmail.com>
Date: 01/08/06
Hi Serge,

The "run browser" command simulates a launch mode where an i-appli is
started from a browser link (IApplication.getLaunchType() returns
LAUNCHED_FROM_BROWSER). This mode is somewhat similar to a Java Applet
started from a Web browser. In contrast, the example in my article is
downloaded to the phone and can afterwards started manually from the
menu (LAUNCHED_FROM_MENU).

LAUNCHED_FROM_BROWSER is available since DoJa version 2.5oe and uses
the ista attribute in the Web site. LAUNCHED_FROM_MENU uses the ijam
attribute. Apart from the ista attribute, LAUNCHED_FROM_BROWSER also
needs some settings in the ADF file. That's described in DoJa 2.5
Content Developer's Guide in the section Application Linking > Browser
Linking > Browser Launching of Java Applications. There's also
something in chapter 5.13 of the DoJa 2.5 Emulator User's Guide.

In other words, if you want to download your DoJa 1.5oe application
with the ijam attribute from a live Web site, you have to use a
handset. Conversely, you can modify your settings to comply with the
LAUNCHED_FROM_BROWSER requirements, but this will only work with the
DoJa 2.5 emulator and devices that support this feature.

Regards,
Claus