(keitai-l) Re: KDDI_OS

From: Mohit Sindhwani <mohits_at_onghu.com>
Date: 07/25/06
Joe Bowbeer wrote:
> On 7/25/06, Mohit Sindhwani <mohits@onghu.com> wrote:
>
>> One of the bigger, more successful OS projects in Japan was TRON
>> [...] I would be keen to find out if the "T-Engine Project" which is the
>> successor to the TRON Project is involved in any way.
>>

> I was going to suggest the name BREWTRON, but I like BREW-T even better.

Hahaha!!  :)

But seriously, if you see the pages at the T-Engine site, you will
notice that there is a Docomo sponsored project called "T-Wireless"
which had aims of creating a specification for wireless applications.

Given the Japanese accent of this project, I'd imagine T-BREW being more
acceptable :-)

>> Motorola, whose official phone strategy appears to be
>> "we'll try anything", is also one of the founding five."
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/15/linux_phone_api/
>>

> What's up with Nokia's Linux platform (Maemo)?
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/03/nokia_linux_tablet_update/
>
> --Joe

That's a good question.. but Nokia has yet to base anything wireless on
Linux afaik.

Cheers,
Mohit.