(keitai-l) SoftBank X01HT pricing?

From: Andrew Hamilton <ahamilton_at_emissary.co.jp>
Date: 11/09/06
Hi all,

A friend who knew that I was interested in the X01HT forwarded me a copy of yesterday's digest that talked a bit about the phone.

Sorry if this has already been posted/asked, but has anyone managed to figure out the pricing?  I just can't make heads or tails of the service plan.  Assuming that I wanted to use the mobile network to synchronize with Outlook and visit regular websites, does the 4100-yen (or whatever it is) Packet-hodai plan hold?  Or do I have to pay on a per-byte basis?  I'm totally confused, even though I've gone through all of SOftbank's literature in Japanese and English

Also, different question.  This phone does CDMA and GSM.  Assuming that I SIM-unlocked the phone, would I be able to put my Philippines SIM card in it and roam onto the Japan network (it's no problem with the phils. phone company, I checked with them already -- I'm thinking more about whether the phone can speak the right kind of GSM for Japan)

Thanks,

 - Drew