(keitai-l) Re: horizon

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 11/29/06
My List (in no particular order)

1) phone storage mountable on my desktop over Bluetooth 2 and or wifi.

2) Full integration with iTunes - (not for the music - for the podcasts)

3) Stereo Bluetooth profile. Bluetooth keyboard.

4) SIP & Skype support in-phone over "open" Wifi implementation that
can be switched off to save battery power.

5) Better interface design. (Go from MacOS 9 to any phone and see how
the interface experience deteriorates.)

6) The option of no handset subsidy with a fully unlocked phone. Give
me a decent, unlocked phone and I will pay 70,000yen for it.

7) High end phones should have a screen taking up the full front of
the handset, with a virtual keyboard. I don't want handset real-
estate taking up with buttons.

8) Optional ability to boot Linux straight off my phone  (for
emergency use) - or use as a home directory in MacOS - with the phone
STILL allowing full telephony  through a bluetooth handset.

9) Video out so I can connect phone to a large screen to watch
movies / display images.

10) In cameras, a focus on quality lenses, not image size.

11) on-phone iChat.

Nick

Kyushu Fixers
Facilitation Support in Fukuoka, Kyushu and South West Japan
http://kyushu-fixers.com