(keitai-l) Re: horizon

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/01/06
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Nik Frengle wrote:

> We got our butt's kicked out trying to induce an insane handset-driven
> market to focus more on services than handsets, and I wouldn't
> anticipate anyone else stupid enough to make the same mistake soon.

I just bought a D903i the other day, and it was a pretty interesting
experience. The rep. at the Docomo shop even owned one of these herself,
and had to seek help on changing the default menu theme; it took two
docomo folks about 10 minutes all told to figure out how to do this. I
asked a few questions, and it turns out that, though this person even
owned a 902 for quite some time before a 903, she'd never made a video
call, never used PTT, and in general had not used hardly any features
beyond voice calls, e-mail and web browsing.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***