(keitai-l) Copying PDFs to D903i Memory Card

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/01/06
I've got a punch of PDFs I'd like to copy over to memory card of
my shiny new D903i so that I can read them on the phone. However,
it seems there's more to it than just dropping them into the
/PRIVATE/DOCOMO/DOCUMENT/PUD001 directory. I've downloaded a PDF on
the phone and copied it over to the memory card, and I've seen that
there are various other files created and so on, but before reverse
engineering the format of these files, I'm wondering if anybody has
other thoughts on easy ways to get the files on to the card in a format
that the phone will recognize.

I've not yet bothered to boot up a Windows machine (I'm a NetBSD user)
to try out the software CD that came with it; does that have this sort
of functionality?

While we're at it, a few other questions:

1. I understand that there's a USB cable available for the D903i; will
this let me use the internal memory and a card as a standard USB mass
storage device?

2. How about a non-Windows-dependent way of transfering and playing
music files?

3. Is there any way of downloading PDFs using the regular browser,
rather than the full one? Or are they specifically blocking this so that
PDFs can't be downloaded for free under the pake-hodai plan?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974