(keitai-l) Re: Symbian stumbles; Microsoft swaggers; Palm and Linux out to lunch

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 01/26/07
Weeelllll

I hold no candles for Symbian - but my lord - if Microsoft is the
answer, it is a pretty f***ed up question....

Microsoft and I go back to the DRDOS fiasco days - so if you are one
of those people who decry Microsoft haters - well pardon my French
and all - but screw you - I have good reason to loath,  despise and
mistrust Microsoft which I would be happy to outline for you in
glorious technicolour quadrophonic stereo sound, smellothonic  3D
detail - but alas, keitai-l is not the place for it....

Symbian isn't the immediate problem - softbank - or possibly vodafone
- is the problem.

Case in point - putting isync on my shiny new N73 being "temporarily
chotto muzu-***ing-kashii" - I decide to sync the 702NK with the
705NK using the built in bluetooth sync data  function....

So - the 73NK sends the 702NK a small sis to install to allow the
sync to take place. Everything should be fine and dandy, one would
think.

But hell no - the sis file (a Nokia sis file, from a Nokia app, sent
to a Nokia phone), has not been ******* well ******* signed - so it
won't ********  well ******* instal on the 702NK...

So one fires up ******** (sorry - * is ****ing  habit forming)
Fexplorer and grabs the .sis from the mail folders, throws it to the
E drive, pulls the card, unsises it - then manually installs it to
the  **oody  E drive...

Where it does not ******** work.

So - FExplorer again - to install it to the C drive....

Where it finally works - and one can sync the two phones....

But .... why? Why all this fuss? One is almost tempted to  buy
Richard Stallman a cup of tea. The future CANNOT be like this.

But the future isn't Microsoft. The solution to disorganised, inept,
incompetence isn't organised, svelte totalitarianism, a la Microsoft....

Softbank is rotten - but not rotten because they are bad - just
rotten because they are clueless - and desperate - and don't care....
And don't know.

But the above problem is - ultimately -  a Voda sourced  problem - a
British company - shame on them!

Nick (****ing) May

Kyushu Fixers
Facilitation Support in Fukuoka, Kyushu and South West Japan
http://kyushu-fixers.com