(keitai-l) Re: > Re: Emobile

From: Gareth Edwards <aragoto_at_dottocomu.com>
Date: 02/24/07
eMobile's infrastructure is new; they're have a network of HSDPA base
stations that apparently are very compact (a news report I saw
reckoned them at 1/10 the size of a conventional cellphone base
station) and cheap.

When they launch voice services in 2008 they will have a roaming
agreement with DoCoMo to give nationwide coverage until they can ramp
up their own infrastructure sufficiently.

As I understand it the EM ONE phone with which they're launching will
have the ability to make voice calls once the network catches up. (I
hope it's better than the appalling W-ZERO3 es, which had the build
quality of a Transformer.)

Others have commented quite rightly that eMobile could prove a hit
for laptop access, and their hardware is targeted at just this
segment -- the other three products they are launching with are
either USB or card-type terminals.