(keitai-l) Re: Looking for work in mobile dev (near native Japanese)

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 03/27/07
> Curt Sampson wrote:
>>
>> If content is your main thing. Starling Software seems to be doing ok
>> just building websites, doing consulting, and and developing products
>> used by other companies for their mobile sites (knock on wood).
>
> You forgot to mention that the Starling Software's web site lists you as
> you the CEO of the company.
> Play it fair!

If anything, that makes it worse. I still do all the same engineering
work and programming I did before, but now I have more business stuff to
do as well, which includes contemplating how we might (or might not) be
making enough money to eat and pay rent three months from now.

However, to be fair, Bryan and I share that load completely, and in
a company such as ours, where we're the only permanent employees (as
opposed to contract workers), the job is not really any harder than
being an independent consultant.

But my main point is: it appears to me that you can make a living in
doing technical work on mobile sites without having to run a site
yourself or work as an employee of a particular site. It's an option to
think about.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974