(keitai-l) Re: more imode nonsense.

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/23/07
I found one comment particularly interesting: it said, "...and the whole
thing locked you into a walled garden of extremely limited appeal."

One of the brilliant points about i-mode, I feel, was that though it's
harder (in terms of billing and session management) to be a non-offical
site, a non-official site is darn easy to set up. Hackers alone,
working for fun, should have set up a fair amount of content had it
been encouraged. I suspect that this whole failure might be as much to
do with the telcos persuing their usual, "large part of a small market"
strategy, and actively working against market growth.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974