(keitai-l) Re: more imode nonsense.

From: Joe Bowbeer <joe.bowbeer_at_gmail.com>
Date: 07/24/07
In the US only a couple imode handsets were introduced initially, and
with only one carrier.  This was after MIDP was already fairly well
established.  Maybe this meager initial offering was market test, but
such a test is doomed to failure unless the new device is uniquely
attractive to at least a niche (like a danger sidekick or, say, an
iphone).  But the "overseas" imode handsets here were plainer than
vanilla.

The other sore point for me, as a Java developer, was that the Doja
version on these overseas handsets was more than a year behind what
was available in Japan - and at the same time less adequate than the
MIDP platform that was already available on most other handsets.  That
was insulting.