(keitai-l) Re: Uploading files to server

From: Roope Kangas <rkangas_at_real.com>
Date: 08/29/07
I think you should check that the mime-type associations are correct for
.jar and .jam. Then move on to checking that the path to .jar in .jam-file
is correct.

-- roopek

> Okay I'm having trouble getting the files for a DoJa programme on to a
> web server and then on to a DoCoMo phone.
>
> I have jar and jam files, a description file, resource files and the
> complied java file, plus the html file to trigger the download. My
> question is which files go up and into which folders?
>
> Several books and web mobile developer sites have said:
>
> Upload the html page along with the .jar and .jam files for the
> application onto a Web server.
>
> I do that , but after seeing a powered by java downloading screen on
> my phone I get a -
>
> This software contains an error - message.
>
> This happens even with the simplest of Hello World programmes. And the
> programmes work perfectly fine with the DoJa emulator and Eclipse.
>
> Which files should go up on the server? Where do the complied class
> files go? Should .jar and .jam files be placed in a bin folder as they
> are in Eclipse? Should resource files go into a res folder? Should I
> be using a particular kind of server?
>
> This mail was sent to address roope.kangas@mrgoodliving.com

Roope Kangas, System Programmer
Mobile  +358 (0)40 760 4540
Fax     +358 (0)9 751 75599
Email   rkangas@real.com

Mr.Goodliving Ltd.
A Subsidiary of RealNetworks, Inc.
Kanavaranta 7C, 00160 Helsinki, Finland
www.mrgoodliving.com
www.playmansports.com

"Fishing for a good time starts with throwing in your line" - Tom Waits