(keitai-l) Re: SIM cards in Japan 2008

From: Nik Frengle <nfrengle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 01/19/08
I was in Kyoto last month and stopped by the Softbank shop to ask if I could
get a pre-paid (3G) SIM, and the answer was 'no, but we are working on it.'
They were working on it more than two years ago when I worked there, but
then along came the threat of government regulation, and we didn't want to
raise the profile of prepaid and so we laid off of it. Maybe Softbank has
more kintama than the senior guys at Vodafone KK did. (none) At this point,
though, there are no prepaid SIM cards.
Best,
Nik