(keitai-l) Re: iPhone Softbank plans

From: Nick May <nick_at_cogitoltd.com>
Date: 06/18/08
I doubt this will be possible - on the 705NK, which started off at a
similar price, the smallest contract was always around 3000yen....
Discounts were magically reduced below this amount....

Still - an 8gig itouch is currently 38,800yen - or 1533yen/month for
two years. So the iphone compares favourably enough.

The white plan thing (free calls to people on same carrier except
between certain hours) is no big deal - a lot of people bit that
particular bullet some months ago, and simply don't call people who
are not on Softbank. (Softbank provide an additional tone before the
call connects to indicate one is connecting to a Softbank handset.)

Nick