(keitai-l) Re: Details in user-agent strings

From: Ron Schei <ron_at_ishonan.com>
Date: 07/16/08
Hello Andrea,

I think the section of the user agent that you're interested in is the
"C100." This indicates a cache size of 100kb.
DoCoMo/2.0 N902i(c100;TB;W30H15)
Made by Nokia, Model 902i, Cache 100*1024 bytes, access from browser, 15
lines of 30 bytes (15 2-byte Japanese chars, or 30 1-byte characters)

> Finally, where exactly did you find this "portalmmm/2.0
> K610im(c100;TB)" user agent, since AFAIK this is not a docomo phone
> (whole list there
> http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/service/imode/make/content/spec/useragent/index.html
> ), not even a japanese handset, therefore I strongly suspect that none
> of the docomo rules apply.

The "portalmmm" user agent is used by Docomo overseas. Googlebot also uses
it as a user agent. As far as I know these aren't used by any Japanese
handsets yet. Some of the same rules apply for the foreign docomo
handsets, but they have some different emoji codes.

UA string Examples:
portalmmm/2.0 Z320i(c100;TB)
portalmmm/2.0 N411i(c10;TB)
portalmmm/2.0 K550im(c100;TB)
portalmmm/2.0 S400i(c10;TB)
portalmmm/2.0 S500i(c20;TB)
portalmmm/2.0 L6imode(c10;TB)
portalmmm/2.0 L7imode(c20;TB)
portalmmm/2.0 S401i(c10;TB)
portalmmm/2.0 KG291i(c10;TB)
portalmmm/2.0 M342i(c10;TB)
portalmmm/2.0 N500iS(c20;TB) (compatible; Mediapartners-Google/2.1;+http://www.google.com/bot.html)

Some Japanese handset examples:
DoCoMo/1.0/F209i/c10
DoCoMo/1.0/N251i/c10/TB
DoCoMo/1.0/D505iS/c20/TB/W20H10
DoCoMo/1.0/N505iS/c20/TB/W16H08
DoCoMo/2.0 SH904i(c100;TB;W24H16)
(according to current user settings, handset displays 12 2-byte
characters or 24 1 byte characters across, and 16 lines.)
DoCoMo/2.0 SH904i(c100;TB;W20H13)
(same handset, but with font size set to large so that it displays 10
2-byte characters or 20 1-byte characters across, and 13 lines.)

The "TB" indicates that the page is being accessed through the browser
(not through an appli).

HTH,
Ron Schei

 251−0037 神奈川県藤沢市鵠沼海岸1-10-3-C203