(keitai-l) Re: word wrapping on imode

From: Kevin Markowitz <kevinmz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 04/06/00
>From: "Thomas O'Dowd" <tom@uwillsee.com>
>Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 22:46:57 +0900
>
>There is no really smart way to handle the wrapping if it is not
>done on the phone, apart from having it dynamically generated for
>each phone and inserting the <br> html tag. I think you can get
>the browser type, ie the phone, on the server and looking up a
>table you should know the column width. Haven't tried it yet
>though so correct me if I'm wrong.

This information is passed as part of the HTML header.  It would be great if
the phone was able to somehow pass it's parameters dynamically... instead of
having to look the information up every time.  Your table would have to know
how to handle every iMode phone on the market and it's expanding fast.

--Kevin Markowitz.
Mobile Internet Development.