(keitai-l) Dialup networking with iMode.

From: Stuart Andrews <andrews_at_argyle.co.jp>
Date: 04/13/00
I am a new subscriber to this mailing list (as of yesterday) and I find the
information very useful. After checking your archives, I found a wealth of
information which, not being totally fluent in Japanese, has been hard to
get otherwise.

I have a couple of questions which I am hoping someone may be able to help
me with.

A bit of background...
Currently we have an application which allows a user to program a home
controller for security, HVAC and HA applications. The system is usually
accessed by keypads, telephones (using standard DTMF key commands) or remote
controls. Recently we developed a browser based interface whereby a user can
access the system using a commonly used browser like Netscape Navigator or
Internet Explorer. The server itself runs on a Windows PC but in the future
will be embedded in a web appliance (for reliability and power saving
reasons). Currently we access the system by dialling into a home PC (set-up
as a dialup server) with a modem connection.

Questions:
1. Can iMode enabled phones access a standard PC set-up as a dialup server?
If so can anyone tell me how it is done?

2. If no one knows the answer to this question, any ideas on where I could
go to get an answer?

Stuart