(keitai-l) Re: M-Commerce

From: <JBAERNYC_at_aol.com>
Date: 04/17/00
tuupola@appelsiini.net writes:

<< In i-mode's case, even though DoCoMo has their portal they
    atleast allow access to the rest of the world.  >>

I dont personally think you can get away from the power the hardware
manufacturers actually have when it comes to providing "services" they see
fit.  I dont think everyone is happen with Internet content out there and
they only care about the brands they wish to be associated with.  The same
could go for the PalmVII in the US.  I think its going to be very difficult
to distinguish your website on a WAP device.  I dont like it currently.  Only
manufacturers run prepackaged apps on their devices and only the carriers
themselves have control of notification to devices which is a shame.

- Jon