(keitai-l) Re: Keitai Manners

From: Jud Taylor <taylor_at_gol.com>
Date: 05/05/00
I know that the Yamanote now has announcements to ask people to turn their
phones off, not just not answer them.  The reason given is to avoid trouble
with pacemakers.

Also, I've read that British Rail uses a fine mesh over train windows to
shield cars completely.

In Shanghai, at the Hilton, I placed a call from a celphone and the screen
said "EMERGENCIES ONLY!" before I started dialing.

Jud