(keitai-l) Re: Daiei Inc?

From: M. David <davidm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 05/10/00
I'd say Daiei is more of  cross between a supermarket and wal-mart (with
better quality-brand recogniton) The one near my apartment has a supermarket
in the basement, a Wendy's, small-store mall like section and entrance to a
major train line, on the first floor and 3 more floors of Daiei sold
clothing home appliances etc..
J@pan Inc. ( japaninc.net ) mentioned them when talking about supermarket
delivery in their April or May issue. They also own a baseball team, and
used to own Lawsons, a 7-11 type convenient store. I think they had to sell
it off to pay off debt- but may still own a bit of it. They may also have
some major real estate holdings- but may also be selling these off.

David