(keitai-l) Re: OT: S-JIS support?

From: Oliver, Simon <sbo_at_lubrizol.com>
Date: 05/11/00
Of the products mentioned below, I have had some experience with Unionway.
There were many characters not supported which caused us no end of problems
in our use of this product.  This was until the end of last year when we
stopped using it.  It may be satisfactory for general webpage use, but not
for serious work with Japanese characters, unless a newer version has
increased the number of characters supported.

-	Simon Oliver
Mika Tuupola wrote:
>   I remember seeing somwhere a software which enables
>   to see S-JIS character set on web pages without installing
>   japanese version of windows.

http://www.unionway.com/products.htm <http://www.unionway.com/products.htm>

  -- Bit expensive, but allows you to try before purchase.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/download/addon.htm
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/download/addon.htm>
  -- Just to view websites and text files, this will do.
     Netscape provides a similar service.

http://home.interlink.or.jp/~hanako1/computing.htm
<http://home.interlink.or.jp/~hanako1/computing.htm>
  -- General info on handling Japanese charset with win95 system

Also, I think win2k supports 2byte languages, ie., the cd
contains Japanese fonts.

        Koji