(keitai-l) Re: Mobile phones banned on trains?

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 05/26/00
On Fri, 26 May 2000, Juergen Specht wrote:

> Oh, i think you live far away from Tokyo...*everybody* has a mobile
> here. An average train transports more than 1500 people at the same
> time and at rushhours your ear is very close to the guy or girl

	Ah yes. I do do live far quite away from Tokyo. Helsinki
	to be exact :)  Everyone has mobile here too, although
	the amount and density of people is much lower than
	in Tokyo.

> * If you show a good mobile in NYC there is a chance to get killed
>   for it. That's the reason why New Yorkers carry these oldfashioned
>   bone like mobiles with them. **)

	Actually really old phones are considered stylish among
	the some people in here. We actually did a youth promotion
	for for Radiolinja (a local telecom operator) where the
	grand prize was DJ Esko's (an imaginary character we
	created) very own phone which was an old brick sized
	Mobira Cityman. The complimentary prizes were Nokia 7110
	WAP phones ;)

	BTW. by "we" I mean advertising agency I work for (HEL).
	This is not related to appelsiini.net which is just my
	personal domain.

> ** I think i work too much :)

	Ah you have the same problem too :)

--