(keitai-l) Re: Push Technologies

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 05/31/00
It's fairly trivial to blast out messages using any of the countless available
SMS software packages.

NTT DoCoMo is required by law to be VERY secretive with their customer
information, including individual cell phone numbers, but that doesn't mean
there aren't plenty of other ways to get lists of cell numbers. A bank account
and some web surfing and you can find lists of phone numbers, emails, etc. In
fact you can pay to have someone's name looked up and get ALL the information
they filled out for their cell phone application, and then sum. Just like in the
states, the black market trafficing of personal data is in Japan, too.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144