(keitai-l) Re: xhtml - future mobile phone markup language?

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 06/08/00
Giles,

> Hi - yeah, this merging of was exactly the thrust of
> the presentation by a biz dev manager from IDO yesterday
> at Interop.

wow, here we go! I just read on the net that in Europe
(especially Germany) they plan to introduce xhtml
compatible wireless handsets as soon as summer of the
year (!) and expect xhtml to become the sucessor of wml
at least when UMTS (can somebody explain that buzzword
to me in some simple words?) gets introduced.

Did the IDO manager say anything about timelines and dates?

Andrea