(keitai-l) Re: SMS Messages which can hang your Nokia

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 09/04/00
Hi,

> > article on CNN. Apparently, Nokia discovered that certain types
> > of text in their SMS messages could freeze your Nokia phone
> > requiring you to take your battery out in order to get things
>
>         They have had the same problem with earlier models before
>         7110 too. You just had to sen and sms consisting nothing
>         else but full length of dots (ie. ................). Upon
>         opening that text message you phone got frozen and you had
>         to remove the batteries to make it work again.

the same seems to be true for i-mode handsets where email messages
containing certain characters can freeze the screen for about 20
minutes as this news from the Asahi Shimbun says, if my translation
is correct:

http://www.asahi.com/tech/mobile/20000902a.html
(in Japanese)

It doesn't say if Nokia's i-mode phone is concerned or (-/and
also) other maker's handset models...

Cheers,
Andrea
--