(keitai-l) Re: i-mode technical faq

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 09/06/00
Jimmy Liew wrote:

> dear all,
> does the content aggregation model work in japan?
> i heard cybird and mti are the leading content aggregators, however from what i
> can glean neither generates significant revenues from this service. is this
> correct or incorrect, and can anyone add any information on this issue?

Currently, I believe Cybird makes considerable revenue with the various contents
services they provide. Whether that level of revenue is sustainable long term or not
is another debate, but right now they are bringing considerable revenue.
Millions of users who pay between 100-300 yen for various pay contents, approx. 50%
of that money goes to Cybird, and with economies of scale, adding more pay contents
sites is less expensive since they've already got the hardware/infra set up, and
have considerable experience in rapidly setting up sites.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature