(keitai-l) BrowserHawk and PHP

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 10/10/00
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Mika Tuupola wrote:

> 	I also just noticed some instructions on how to use BrowserHawk
> 	with PHP. It uses the JavaBean edition of BH. Will try it later
> 	this evening myself.

	Responding to myself again. Just did some quick testing on
	this. Must say using the Javabean through PHP's Java extension
	is not very usable on production machines. First of all it
	is quite slow. The page using the Javabean tok 3-4 seconds
	to load (most of the delay probably caused by the starting
	virtual machine). The Java extension is also a memory hog. Check
	the following (first one is httpd request which has just plain
	PHP and the second uses PHP's Java extension):

	  PID USER  THR PRI N  SIZE   RES STATE   TIME   CPU  COMMAND
	14352 nobody  1  58 0 5540K 2212K sleep   0:00  0.01% httpd
	14356 nobody  9  38 0   35M   18M sleep   0:02  4.40% httpd

	If you want to use the BH JavaBean its better to use it
	on jsp enviroment where it was meant to use. It is a bit
	kludgish to mix PHP and Java anyway.

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/