(keitai-l) Re: defining feature

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 10/19/00
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>Note that RFC 1738 section 3.3 bans the use of username:password for http,

sure, but as you may have noticed, RFC 2396 states

>  This document
   >defines the generic syntax of URI, including both absolute and
  > relative forms, and guidelines for their use; it revises and replaces
  > the generic definitions in RFC 1738 and RFC 1808.

and RFC 2396 defines it as permitted.

so if it doesn`t work on imode, they are not following the appropriate
RFC....

It is obviously a "bad idea" to use it in most cases. (I require it for a
legacy, proprietory app guarding low security data.)

I thought the point worth making that imode deviate from the RFC for http
requests - and that they may deviate elsewhere as well...

I wonder if one can force their proxy to hit - say, port 8080 for http...
Time to play.

regards Nick