(keitai-l) text and email

From: M. David <davidm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10/20/00
Hey all,
I went to the Kansai-Canada conference today in Kyoto. (heard about it last
minute- sorry for not posting about it)

I think these two companies may be of interest:

http://amikanow.com
provides an AI method of removing unnecessary text to shorten your email
for delivery on portable devices.

http://zicorp.com
eZiText has a great technology for entering words into mobiles. It allows
people to input about 1/2 the needed characters to complete a word. eg.
tomor, becomes tomorrow. It also allows one touch input. eg. instead of
tomorrow
8=t 666=0 6=m 666=0 77=r (18) you type 8,6,6,6,7 (5) it guesses the combo
and the completes word.  If it works, pretty cool!
I think its hardware based (they have it in some wap phones in the states?)

Anyway, cool stuff!

David M