(keitai-l) Re: Justin Chamberlain on i-mode

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 10/23/00
Zimran Ahmed wrote:

> >DoCoMo for coming on the official directory, actually it's free
> >if they like it (and you apply for it by following their
> >guidelines) and they give you 91% of everything you can earn
> >with your service while you use their payment system (read:
> >you don't have the hazzle of collecting money from thousands
> >of users).
> >
> >Read this:
> >http://www.mobilemediajapan.com/imodefaq/q7
> >
> >Juergen
>
> good link. thanks for sending it over.
>
> a couple of follow on questions for the group:
>
> 1) are sites dropped from being official i-mode sites to make room for
> new sites that need to come in?

No.

> 2) is the 9% fee to DoCoMo worth the traffic jump you might expect from
> being listed?

Depends on the service. Many think it is, some don't.

> 3) How do folks who are not on the official directory charge for their
> service?

There are several different pay schemes, none of them particularly
successful.
Most have been discussed in previous threads so I suggest a search of the ML
archives.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature