(keitai-l) Re: Questions

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 10/23/00
Kevin Martin wrote:

> I'm considering getting either the N502it or the P209iS.  I was set
> on getting the P209iS until I actually saw the 502it and saw
> how large the screen is on that phone compared to the Panasonic.  But,
> my question is, how bilingual are these phones?  The Docomo phone
> catalog lists the 209iS as being bilingual while the 502it isn't.  What
> does this really mean however?  Is there no English to be found
> within the 502it's menus and such?

Correct -- no English display option on the 502it.

> I've studied Japanese for a couple of years at University, so having
> a phone be entirely in Japanese wouldn't be too much of an adjustment for
> me, as long as there was some sort of information in English available
> for it (like an English manual available for the 502it from a
> Docomo shop or something.  Does one exist?)

No English manual for the 502it as far a I know.

> Secondly, my friend across Japan has a non-i-mode phone (a 208 series) and
> subsequently has to use shortmail to message back and forth.  To be able to
> send her messages with my upcoming i-mode phone, I assume that I'll have
> to subscribe to the shortmail service for the 100 yen per month too, right?

Incorrect. You can send and receive short mail messages with an i-mode phone
with no additional sign-up costs. You will have to pay cost of use but you do
not have to sign up for and pay 100 yen/month for short mail service.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature