(keitai-l) Re: Business Model

From: Oliver Wittchow <wittchow_at_nanoloop.de>
Date: 11/01/00
Cris Vulpe wrote:
> I think you are trying to be funny.. ha, ha..

I just wanted to say that i don't believe americans are that immobile
just because of underdeveloped public transportation systems.

> Teenagers around here use pagers and return calls from
> payphones.  They can pay for those out of
> their allowance.

Here we go: pagers provide simple mobile always-on messaging which is a
key feature of i-mode. Especially since everyone has a PC - wouldn't it
be useful to have only one messaging system for mobile and home use?

> in the US, land-line communications are cheap..
> there is little or no incentive to go wireless..

I agree. As long as internet mobiles are seen as nothing more but a
low-end substitute for landline connected PCs they have no chance in USA
and europe.

greetings

oliver wittchow