(keitai-l) Re: keitai-l Digest V1 #164

From: James Governor <jgovernor_at_illuminata.com>
Date: 11/03/00
I was wondering about the "maturity" issue, and I began to try and frame it
as a more general question about youth and its mode of consumption.
Do you buy as many records as you used to? I certainly don't. Perhaps the
urge for the "new new thing", the latest trends, fashion, change for its own
sake, is actually a function of the 1-29 age group (obviously that is an
arbitrary number, I am 30 so you probably can guess where I am coming from).
As we get older we are a bit more settled, less interested in the latest
thing. It's almost like change itself becomes less interesting to us
(perhaps because we ourselves seem to change less).
Not sure I have explained that terribly well, but if I'm right there are
some obvious implications for wireless business models. On the other hand,
you could just say I am stating the bleedin' obvious. But sometimes you need
to state the obvious;  people often forget what's in front of their face -
particularly American and English telecoms executives? ;-)

> > I certainly agree that workable business models will emerge in youth
groups first, regardless of geography. kids in the US in the mall and
starbucks ;-), kids in London, kids in helskinki, they all like
whizzbangflashing lights, cartoons, something new, and they want to know
where their friends are. let's be "popular".